Thursday, 18 September 2008

RAISING BILINGUAL CHILDREN: Talking baby!

Pan-Pan is just starting to talk now, and his French vocabulary has a clear head-start! I'm sure his Twi and English won't be far behind though...

Words Pan-Pan can say:
French:
Bébé [Baby]
Coin coin [Quack quack]
Non [No]
Caca [Poopoo]
Do-do [Nap time]
Miam-miam [Yummy-yummy, ie Food!]
Boire [Drink]
Ciseaux [Scissors]

Twi:
Gi [Take it]
English:
Bye-bye

I'm not sure yet how much Pan-Pan grasps of the fact that he is surrounded by 3 languages (or 4, including baby signing), but I remember how quickly Schmoo sorted it all out and is still very clear which language she should speak with who. Recently, she was on the phone to her grandma and was switching easily and naturally between French with me standing next to her and English on the phone! Pin It now!

No comments:

Please do leave a comment!

Please comment, as I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...